Switching IT Companies? Follow This Process To Make Sure It’s Risk-Free
Nothing’s as frustrating as faulty IT.
Whether it’s slow connections, cybersecurity risks, or anything else that stems from ineffective IT support, you deal with it every day, and it will wear you down.
The longer you put up with less than effective IT services, the more it will cost you in downtime and security risks. Once you recognize you need more from tech support, you have to start looking into switching IT companies.
But that doesn’t mean you should rush the process – check out our latest video to learn more:
What Can Go Wrong When You Don’t Have A Plan For Switching IT Companies?
If you and your new IT company fail to manage the process carefully, you can encounter a range of problems:
- Service Gap: If your services with your current IT provider end before the services from your new provider begin, you’ll be left without support for the period of time in between. What will you do when you need help? What happens when a server goes down? What happens when you’re hit with ransomware?
- Missing Information: An outgoing IT company may not be happy about being fired – and in retaliation, they may hold on to admin login info and credentials, just to make the process more difficult for you and your next IT company.
- Unidentified Backdoors: “Backdoor” access to your systems may have been necessary for your previous IT company to do their job, but once you’ve moved on, you don’t want them to still have access, right?
5 Steps To Switching IT Companies
In order to avoid unnecessary downtime, configuration issues, and other problems that can stem from a poorly planned transition, make sure to follow these five key steps:
- Don’t cancel your service from your current IT provider until you have everything in place with your new IT provider.
- Make sure you have admin access to all accounts, data, and applications, along with a master list of passwords and other login info.
- Make sure your new IT company performs a cybersecurity assessment to confirm that no backdoors exist.
- Once your new IT company is in place, you can cancel the service with your previous provider.
- Make sure your staff knows about the change in IT support, and how to make use of the new service.
Integrated365 Makes It Easy To Switch IT Companies
If you’re already thinking about switching IT companies, then you’re on the clock right now – you’ve recognized you need something better, and every day you hesitate to make the change, you’re accepting those problems as a part of your work life.
Don’t wait any longer – get in touch with our team to plan out your switch.
Click here to get started or call us at (469) 634-7653 and book a consultation.
When you find the right IT company in Dallas, you can trust that your organization will gain access to the skills and solutions needed to reduce costs, improve efficiency, and increase overall customer satisfaction. Integrated365 can help by becoming a true partner for your business, creating synergies with your current solutions, and recommending options that will help create a stable and secure base for your operations.