Investing In The Right IT Support Post COVID-19
Regardless of when the COVID-19 pandemic may end, CFOs need to start planning for it now – an important consideration will be to what extent you continue with remote work, and whether that will call for a different model of IT support.
We’re well over a month into the COVID-19 pandemic, and the end is not in sight. And while we can be confident that it will end, when it does, your business probably won’t go back to the way it was before.
Do you know how your business will proceed after the pandemic?
Other CFOs already have a plan – according to 317 CFOs recently surveyed by Gartner:
- 74% of CFOs say they expect to move previously on-site employees remote post-COVID-19
- 81% of CFOs plan to exceed their contractual obligations to hourly workers and to fund that they are using remote work to offer flexible schedules and maintain operations.
- 90% of CFOs said their accounting closed operations and will be able to run effectively without disruptions off-site.
- 20% of CFOs said they are cutting their on-premise technology spending with 12% planning the same move.
- 13% of CFOs have already cut real estate expenses with another 9% planning cuts in the months to come.
Are You Investing In The Right IT Support For Current And Future Remote Work?
Your staff’s productivity depends entirely upon how effective your IT support is. Your IT services support several key processes in the remote setting:
- Access to files, applications, and systems
- The ability to collaborate with colleagues, partners, and customers via video conferencing solutions
- Confident security against the increased rate of pandemic-related phishing attacks
- Maintenance of communications with cloud-based phone systems that keep staff connected
The real question is: are you sure internal IT support is the best way to manage a remote environment?
The fact is that an in-house IT team can cost a lot to manage and maintain. To be effective, IT service and support requires up-to-date skills and expertise. There are additional expenses on top of the salary to consider, such as holidays, and the coverage while your network administrator is away.
This is why outsourced IT services are the better choice…
Why Should You Consider Outsourced IT Services?
- Reduce Your IT Costs: Reducing IT costs is one of the most appealing reasons businesses use outsourced IT services. Businesses that choose to outsource can convert unplanned IT expenses to fixed, predictable ones. This frees up capital for other aspects of their business. Plus, it saves on hiring (and firing) in-house staff, paying benefits such as sick leave, health insurance, and Social Security. Also, your outsourced IT services will be available 24/7, where in-house staff may take off due to personal issues or illness.
- Scale As Needed: As your business grows, your IT needs grow as well. Keep in mind that new service offerings often come with significant upgrades or new software programs. Your outsourced IT services can provide the flexibility you need to change your products/services or add new ones when required.
- Access Necessary Technologies: Many businesses find it difficult to keep up with the latest advances in technology. Outsourcing IT services provides easy access to the latest technology so you can be more competitive in this technology-driven world. Also, with outsourced IT services, these solutions are less expensive than you if you purchased them yourself. Most IT companies have partnerships with vendors and can provide new technologies at a reduced cost.
With outsourced IT services, you’ll have access to a team of IT experts with a breadth and depth of tech knowledge and experience. The bottom line is that outsourced IT services give you access to a team of experienced and knowledgeable IT experts— can you get the same from an in-house IT staff?
Does this interest you? Contact us!
When you find the right IT company in Dallas, you can trust that your organization will gain access to the skills and solutions needed to reduce costs, improve efficiency and increase overall customer satisfaction. Integrated365 can help by becoming a true partner for your business, creating synergies with your current solutions and recommending options that will help create a stable and secure base for your operations.